A Level Physics Session
|Gravitation||Waves and Interference||Magnetic Force||Photoelectric Effect|
Welcome to this session on gravitation. The following are two videos on this topic.
ExercisesPlease try these questions.
- Suppose that a satellite always stays directly above the same spot on Earth’s equator.
Find the period of revolution of the satellite in SI units.
- Find its angular velocity.
- Using GMm/r² and mω²r, write down an equation relating the gravitational and centripetal forces on the satellite. Explain.
- Rearrange this equation to make r the subject.
- Find r. Find the height of the satellite above the equation. Mass of Earth is 5.97x1024 kg.
- How many times is this distance bigger than the 6380 km radius of the Earth.
- What is the name of this type of satellite?
Past Exam QuestionsIn this video, I shall go through some questions from a past exam paper.
Thanks for attending this session.
4 May 2014